Looking at our app submission I spotted that our app states that it requires access to the phones identity:
Looking at the WMAppManifest.xml shows that the app doesn’t state that it will do this:
So it must be my code.
As you can image this may make the end user quite jumpy. As it happens our app doesn’t really need to use the phone’s identity it’s code that I used to check if the app was running on the emulator or not.
The code looks like this:
So I have now changed this with a handy preprocessor directive that will leave the code out for submission (as long as I remember to compile as release):
Hopefully when I submit again I won’t give false impressions.